Tuesday, May 21, 2013

These are a few of my favorite things

It's all in the details, right? These are some of my favorite parts about the house.
 I just love this front entryway! Love the herringbone marble and exposed brick. And that little piece of marble that is on the wall between the floor and the baseboard is original. It had been covered up! And of course the brick wall is original too. Love it!
 
Other view of the front entryway. So pretty with the dark floors!
 

This light fixture from Arhaus. It has an Edison bulb in it, which just adds to the coolness.
 
The rooftop deck stairs. We had to sacrifice some space to get interior stairs to the roof top deck - like a double vanity in the master - but I think it's totally worth it. No need to go through a bedroom to get to the deck, and I love the look of the stairs anyway!
 
My walk in closet!!! Need I say more?
 
 
These amazing coffered ceilings! Mike and I got this idea from an open house that we went to in Canton. I think it just makes SUCH a difference when walking into a house! I really love them - and our contractor did an awesome job installing them and making them look right.

Our master bathroom faucet. I just love the style of this - I'm not sure even what to call it. Retro?

 The backsplash/cabinet/hardware/granite combo in the kitchen. I was a bit worried about how all the whites would look together, but I think it looks awesome.
The foot rest in the master shower. I kind of had to fight for it, but a girl's gotta shave her legs and wash her feet! This makes it much easier :)

Uplighting in our tray ceiling. Our contractor said "it's kinda cheesy", which I get where he's coming from, but I love it. It's not like it flashes or changes color or anything!
 
This isn't really a "detail"...it's more of "the reason we bought the house"...but I just LOVE LOVE LOVE the view from the rooftop deck!!! So excited that we got in this house in time to really enjoy it this summer!
Domino Sugars sign, Silo Point, work (ha!), and water!
 
Raven Stadium, Camden Yards, downtown, and more water!

Patterson Park, the Pagoda, and Johns Hopkins

Straight shot down Potomac to the water.
 

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love it! I can't wait to get there, and I really hope John has his cast off by then...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meg it looks great! So awesome. Good to know my hgtv obsession is genetic :).


    --Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love your new home!! I want you and Mike to design a house for me - I love your taste! :) -AB

    ReplyDelete